What are the reasons for youngsters becoming diabetic so early nowadays?
The choice of sedentary lifestyle coupled with the habits of
- Asayasukham (sitting for a more extended period, sedentary)
- Atinidra (prolonged sleep)
- Divaswapna (day sleep)
- Addiction or habitual like Madhyapana(alcohol), tobacco chewing, smoking may also adversely affect diabetic health by disturbing the Vyadhikshamatvam (immunity)
are some of the reasons as to why now diabetes has become a very prevalent lifestyle disorder.
How is Parkinson’s treated in Ayurveda?
An Ayurvedic condition called “Vepathu” is correlated to Parkinson’s disease. The symptoms that indicate Parkinson’s are:
- Rigidity (Sthamba),
- Resting tremors (Vepathu),
- Absence of arm swing while walking,
- Urinary incontinence,
- Lack of posture adjustment,
- Drooping of saliva due to infrequent swallowing movements,
- Body pain.
Can a Parkinson patient practice yoga?
Yes, a Parkinson paitent can practice yoga, but it should be done in a supervised manner and with the guidance of a doctor.
What is Diabetic Neuropathy?
Diabetic neuropathy is a type of nerve damage that may develop in chronic diabetes. It is a serious complication arising from high blood sugar levels.The common symptoms include:
- Pain, tingling or burning sensation commonly during the night which may lead to lose of sleep.
- Numbness or lack of sensation