Kapha dosha is one of the three doshas governing our body, mind, and soul, given to us by Ayurveda. The elements of Kapha Dosha are water and earth. Both these natural elements are soft, flowy, stable, calm, cold, and promote stillness.
These inherent qualities of the water and earth are reflected in the body, mind, and soul of the Kapha Prakriti people. When you have Kapha dominant in your body-mind constitution, the characteristics (gunas)of these elements form your personality. Excess goodness ends up in bad, upon overused or over-extracted, so a high amount of Kapha(more than your optimal level) imbibes negative traits in your life.
This imbalance results in symptoms in the body indicating the early stage towards a lifestyle disorder. When the physical symptoms are overlooked, it ultimately forms as stress affecting the body and mind.
To pacify a Kapha dosha, begin by changing your lifestyle. Embrace changes in your daily routine by including adventures, exciting experiences, laborious works, and a bit of innovation in dressing, grooming.
- Structured routine is good but occasionally changing them to also feel the adrenaline helps to balance the heaviness that allows for the mind to be open
- Instead of preferring soft clothes, go for a bed that is hard and slightly rough.
- Wake up every day before 6 AM. Never stay in your bed even if you feel sleepy after 6 AM.
- Make a habit of working out for an hour. Please include heavy cardio, Tabata, mixed martial arts, running. Yoga is good but practicing something that includes sudden fast movements helps your dosha to stay optimal.
- Self abhyanga with thin Kera thailam or with herbal massage powders everyday morning before showering
- Eat three times a day at the same time. Avoid snacking in between meals and strictly no heavy desserts.
- Use herbal coarse powders for the body while showering. Scrub your feet, hands, and body with a rough loofah.
- Avoid using oil-based soaps, cleansers, and moisturizers. Opt-in for a thin liquid body lotion.
- Work out every evening for an hour because Kapha kicks in the evening. Balance the sluggish mode with some outdoor activities.
- Set your mobile aside before 2 hours of your bedtime. Spending screen time before bed results in Kapha aggravation.